Thursday, December 22, 2011

Glass BY Ellen Hopkins

      this book is very well written an think that it is a very good book that i am liking. while i was reading it this past week i was starting to compare some of the things that were in her last book Crank which was another one of her books that i liked were similar because they have some themes that i think are good and that she is trying to keep in her books.
       
      Some if the things that I like that was in her book was that she made lots of descriptions and things that were just introduced and that I was reading about was that she and a baby named Hunter and she was living with her parents and throughout the book the main character Kristina was thinking about doing drugs again, but each time she thought about it she made herself think about what her life really was, what she had, and her future. Thinking about it for her was really hard but so far she is not doing so and she caved in and took drugs. After she started she thought to herself and was thinking i don't want to go back to my "home" and also says that "this is my home, back there is just my artificial world" when she said this i was stunned because i thought she was really trying and i tought she was in control of what she was doing.

     Also when she said that I was thinking about what is going to happen to her baby Hunter? what is going to happen to him? but then again he does have his grandparents and Ithink when she is going to try and think about it she will regret it because for me as a reader I was thinking about what she was going to do and how is she going to resolve some of the problems that she has caused just by taking in the one puff of smoking and when I was reading that part i was thinking to myself that she was not going to do it, but she ends up with there same mistakes that she made last time. 

     Some places in the book there are things that i have read and liked but something that i thought were like confusing, but reading the book so far made me think about things that happen to some teens at the age of the main character in the book, have the same problems and are hard to recover from because drugs as we all know are addicting and are things that you cannot just stop. but overall i was thinking about her stupid decision and what she has done.

1 comment:

  1. Heyyy Juderrr xP I agree with most of the things you mentioned in this post- and I also happen to be reading it, as you know. :] I thought some things you could have worked on were your wording/grammar and trying to make your opinions a little more clear, but I pretty much understood what you were getting at. I'd also like to mention that I was wondering the same thing about Kristina's baby. What's going to happen to him?! :( I guess we'll have to read more and find out! xP Anyways, cool blog and nice post! :D

    ReplyDelete